Here is a recipe for vegan/plant-based meatballs. This recipe is full of protein and fibre, and is a hearty plant-based alternative to meat. You can enjoy these the same way you would traditional meatballs- top pasta, polenta or a vegetable like spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
I’ve been trying to limit my meat intake over the last few months, but still very much crave hearty meals. I find this recipe satisfying, filling and one that can be enjoyed by meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
2 cups cooked lentils
1 tbsp ground flaxmeal, presoaked in 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp almond flour, or oats * may need more if the batter is too soft/liquidy
2 cloves garlic
Handful fresh herbs: handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
1 tbsp dried herbs: basil, oregano etc.
Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor, until uniform.
- Check the consistency of the batter; it should form into balls. If it is too liquidy add more almond flour or oats, if it is too dry add olive oil or water.
- Form into balls and arrange on oiled caste iron skillet. Heat stovetop to medium heat and brown all sides of the meatballs.
- Once browned, add to oven and cook for ~20 minutes.
- Once cooked, take out of oven and add to whatever dish you are making. For this particular recipe I added tomato sauce, and baked it a bit longer and then topped with cheese and added it to pasta.
I hope you try this recipe, and please let me know if you make it!