Today I am posting a super easy creamy cauliflower soup recipe that contains a great amount of fibre and protein, along with a wide array of vitamins and minerals.
Cauliflower is the main vegetable in this soup and a few potatoes are added for some creaminess. White beans offer a great source of protein, and additional fibre. A plant-based cream leaves this soup creamy and satisfying, and all together this a great warm meal for the end of winter!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
5-10 baby potatoes
2 heads garlic, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 can white beans
6 cups broth of choice
1 cup almond, cashew or coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil, to cook
1. Add chopped onions and garlic in a soup pot with a drizzle of olive oil. Simmer until cooked.
2. Add chopped cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the cauliflower and potatoes are cooked.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add can of white beans and then blend all together either in a blender or using an immersion blender.
5. Once blended, continue to heat/add back to pot to heat. Add salt, pepper, spices and the milk.
6. Top with fresh herbs and a drizzle of milk/cream and enjoy!
I hope you like this recipe. Let me know if you make it!