This month, we focused on earthier foods to help nourish and ground our body for the cold weather. This salad has to be one of our favourites- it’s bright, sweet, warm and makes for a delicious lunch or dinner. What’s great about this salad is that the taste of the roasted vegetables gets better the next day, so it’s the perfect salad to make extras! The dressing has to be one of the best parts of this salad because it is made with only real, whole foods. It’s the perfect dressing for any salad.
Here is the recipe!
For the salad:
A handful of kale (massaged with olive oil)
2-3 medium sized red beets, chopped
1-2 medium sized yellow beet, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, chopped
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cook lentils
1 tbsp avocado oil|
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp sea salt
For the dressing:
1/3 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp tahini
½ tsp grated ginger (more if you’d like)
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp juice from fresh lime
3 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix beets and carrots in avocado oil, cinnamon, raw honey and ½ tsp of sea salt and add to a baking sheet. Similarly, mix sweet potatoes in avocado oil and the left over salt. Add to baking sheet.
3. Bake vegetables for 20 minutes, and flip. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness is achieved.
4. For the dressing, add all ingredients into the blender and mix on high for 2 minutes.
5. Add kale, quinoa and lentils as the base to your plate. Once the vegetables have cooled down a bit, add these to the plate and top it off with pumpkin seeds and your fresh cashew ginger dressing.
6. Store the dressing in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Let us know if you try out this deliciously warming salad!
Use the hashtag #monthlynourish on Instagram to share your monthly creations and look out for December’s new foods!